Convalmore was founded in 1893 by Convalmore-Glenlivet Distillers Co. Ltd, with construction being completed in 1894. It was sold to W&P Lowrie & Co. Ltd in 1904, who went into partnership with James Buchanan in 1906 and later became part of Scottish Malt Distillers (SMD) and Distiller's Company Ltd (DCL) in 1925.

Almost all of Convalmore's output was destined for the blenders, notably Lowrie's and Black and White, and, like Coleburn, there were no official bottles released before the distillery closed in 1985. To date there have been only three official bottlings: a Rare Malt Edition in 2003; and two 1977 vintages from the Special Releases series – a 28yo bottled in 2005 and a 36yo bottled in 2013.